Heads up! Want to manage memberships and charge your users for premium content ?
To manage memberships and create a premium content website, all our themes are compatible with the Paid Memberships Pro plugin. If you haven’t already, we recommend that you install Paid Memberships Pro first.
Paid Memberships Pro offers various ways to limit content access for certain membership levels. However, in certain cases you might also want to allow your premium members to create their own content.
Before you can restrict content creation to your paid users, you’ll first need to create some membership levels for your users to buy. If you want a quick start on that subject, take a look at Creating a Pricing Table with Paid Memberships Pro.
Want test out these features and see how Paid Memberships Pro integrates with our themes ? Check out our Paid Memberships Pro showcase with the Cera theme !
Want test out these features and see how Paid Memberships Pro integrates with our themes ? Check out our Paid Memberships Pro showcase with the Gwangi theme !
Installing the Roles for Membership Levels Add-on for Paid Memberships Pro
First, you’ll need to install the “Roles for Membership Levels” add-on for Paid Memberships Pro. To do that, download and install the plugin from the plugin page.
Restricting Posts Creation for Paid Members
By default, WordPress is set to only allow users with a role of “Author” or higher to create posts. When someone registers on your site, they will get the “Subscriber” role, which means they won’t be able to create new posts.
By using the “Roles for Memberships Levels” add-on for Paid Memberships Pro, you will be able to automatically assign a new role to your paid members when they subscribe to one of your membership plans. Knowing this, you can then allow your paid members to create new articles by giving them the “Author” role as soon as they purchase a subscription.
Here are the steps to follow to achieve that :
- From your WordPress Dashboard, go to Memberships > Settings.
- Select the membership level for which you want to give access to the creation of new articles.
- At the bottom of the membership level form, under “Role Settings“, tick the box for the role you want to assign for this membership level. In this case, since we want to allow them to create posts, we will tick the “Author” role.
- Save your membership level by clicking the “Save” button at the bottom of the page.
- That’s it ! Members who subscribe to that membership level should receive the “Author” role which will give them access to creating their own posts !
Installing Paid Memberships Pro
Paid Memberships Pro gives you all the tools you need to start, manage, and grow […]
Limiting Content to Paid Members
With PMPro, you can create some membership levels for your users to buy to access premium content.
Creating a Pricing Table with Paid Memberships Pro
Heads up! Want to manage memberships and charge your users for premium features ?To manage […]