Paid Memberships Pro gives you all the tools you need to start, manage, and grow your membership site. You can start charging your users for premium content sites, online course or LMS and training-based memberships, clubs and associations, members-only product discount sites, subscription box products, paid newsletters, and more.
Automatic installation is the easiest option — WordPress will handle the file transfer, and you won’t need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install :
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Navigate to the Plugins menu, and click “Add New“.
- In the search field type “Paid Memberships Pro” then click “Search Plugins“.
- Once you’ve found it, you can install the plugin by clicking “Install Now,” and WordPress will take it from there.
- When the plugin is installed, you can click “Activate” to active the newly installed plugin.
Manual installation method requires downloading the plugin and uploading it to your web server via your favorite FTP application. The WordPress codex contains instructions on how to do this here.
After installing Paid Memberships Pro, in order to integrate everything seamlessly with your themes, we strongly recommend you to install our in-house compatibility plugin Grimlock for Paid Memberships Pro.
To do this, all you have to do is open your plugins page (WordPress Dashboard > Plugins) then look for a notice at the top of your page, looking like this :
Click “Begin installing plugin” then click “Install” and you should be all set !
Setting up the Plugin
Paid Memberships Pro should work out of the box with all of our themes, assuming you have installed our in-house compatibility plugin Grimlock for Paid Memberships Pro.
Of course you will still need to setup your pages and your membership levels according to your needs. If you want a quick start on that subject, you can check out Creating a Pricing Table with Paid Memberships Pro.
However, should you just wish to change some settings within Paid Memberships Pro, here’s where you’ll find them :
- From your WordPress Dashboard, go to Memberships > Settings.
- From there you can visit each tab to edit the various settings of Paid Memberships Pro.