Heads up! This plugin requires BuddyPress
Before you can use BuddyPress Docs, you will first need to install BuddyPress along with our in-house compatibility plugin Grimlock for BuddyPress (download link). If you haven’t already done so, you still can install these plugins before proceeding to the following steps.
The BuddyPress Docs plugin adds a collaborative workspace (document service) for your BuddyPress community. Part shared dropbox, part wiki, and part document editing for your WordPress users.
Automatic installation is the easiest option — WordPress will handle the file transfer, and you won’t need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install :
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Navigate to the Plugins menu, and click “Add New“.
- In the search field type “BuddyPress Docs” then click “Search Plugins“.
- Once you’ve found it, you can install the plugin by clicking “Install Now,” and WordPress will take it from there.
- When the plugin is installed, you can click “Activate” to active the newly installed plugin.
Manual installation method requires downloading the plugin and uploading it to your web server via your favorite FTP application. The WordPress codex contains instructions on how to do this here.
Setting up the Plugin
However, should you wish to change some BuddyPress Docs settings, here’s where you’ll find them :
- From your WordPress Dashboard, go to Docs > Settings.
- From there you can edit the various settings of BuddyPress Docs.
Our in-house Grimlock for BuddyPress compatibility plugin will automatically add some additional customization features to the WordPress Customizer for the various BuddyPress Docs pages. To access those customization settings :
- From your WordPress Dashboard, go to Appearance > Customize.
- In the Customizer, open the BuddyPress panel.
- The BuddyPress Docs customization settings are located inside the Docs Directory and Single Doc panels