First of all, it’s important to understand how your website works. A theme will affect the presentation and visual style of your site, while plugins add all kinds of features and functionalities. In most cases, performances issues are related to third party plugins that might bring heavy features.
Regarding performances, here is some extra tips that could help go through this issue:
- Check the WordPress prerequisites: To make a site run smooth, it is important to make sure the server configurations are well set. Feel free to check the WordPress requirements suggested by WordPress. If your website doesn’t have the prerequisites, it won’t work correctly and might slow down your loading speed.
- Use a good host: We use WP Engine to host all our demos. A faster server with proper settings will make your website load quicker. Some hosts also offer preset caching systems that will also improve loading times.
The performances of your website can also be improved, like our demos, by some additional plugins:
- WP Rocket: Improving the speed of your WordPress site with caching options.
- Imagify: Shrinking your images with lowest quality loss. If your images are too heavy, your pages will load more slowly.
- Imsanity: Automatically resizing huge image uploads
You can always add more stuff to improve your page loading time but this is a pretty good start.
Please be aware that too many plugins will considerably slow down your page loading time. So, we advise to stick to the bare minimum! Our theme offers a built-in setup wizard if you wish to import one of our demos but you can skip it and start your website without installing any plugin or importing any demo content as only two plugins (Grimlock and Kirki) are actually required to make our theme perfectly work. Not every use-case is the same and we believe that our customers should be left with the decision of what to and not to install. You can rest assured that our theme will work fine and perform better without few plugins installed.
Following these steps should help you get better performances. Don’t hesitate to consult your host for advice on possible improvements.