- 1 I Have an Error When Importing the Demo Content
- 2 I Imported the Demo Content but the pages Were not Created
- 3 I Imported the Demo Content but the Images Were not Imported
- 4 The Search Form On My Home Page Is Broken or Does Not Show All the Fields Like in the Demo
- 5 I Imported the Demo Content but I Don’t See ___ Like in the Demo
I Have an Error When Importing the Demo Content
- I don’t see the confirmation screen after the import / I see an error looking like this:XHTML1Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted
The issue is due to insufficient memory allocation on your server. If you believe this might be the issue, you will find out how to increase the memory in the following article: https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/fix-wordpress-memory-exhausted-error-increase-php-memory/. However, if you’ve never done this kind of manual changes before, we recommend that you contact your server hosting support and ask them to do it for you.
- I see an error like this:XHTML1The link you followed has expired
Or this:XHTML12Sorry, there has been an error.File is empty. Please upload something more substantial. This error could also be caused by uploads being disabled in your php.ini or by post_max_size being defined as smaller than upload_max_filesize in php.ini.
This issue is due to your server having insufficient max upload size. To fix that, you can either find out how to change that setting by yourself in the following article: https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-increase-the-maximum-file-upload-size-in-wordpress/ or you can reach out to your hosting company and ask them to increase the max upload size.
- If you tried the above and still have the issue, then we invite you to contact us via ou support forums.
Before doing so, you can already help us determine the issue better by doing the following:
- Make a backup of your database. Follow these steps if you don’t know how backup your database: https://codex.wordpress.org/Backing_Up_Your_Database#WP-DB-Backup
- Deactivate all plugins except the WP Importer plugin
- Switch to the default TwentySeventeen theme
- Activate logging on your website. To do this, in the wp-config.php file of your website, make sure to have the following:PHP1define(‘WP_DEBUG’, TRUE);
- Download the following file and try to run the WP Importer using that file: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/WPTRT/theme-unit-test/master/themeunittestdata.wordpress.xml
- When you contact us, please tell us if that import worked successfully or if there was any error during that process
I Imported the Demo Content but the pages Were not Created
Sometimes, insufficient values for default PHP server settings might prevent WordPress from creating all the required content when for instance, the import process is taking more time than expected. The easiest fix is to update the two following PHP settings:
max_execution_time = 300
max_input_time = 300
You will find these settings in PHP server administration panel.
If you wish to know more about this, it’s best to reach your hosting service support. They will be able to guide you through the resolution of this issue or even, do it for you.
I Imported the Demo Content but the Images Were not Imported
- This issue might be caused by inconsistent file permission on your server. To make sure that isn’t the case, you can contact your web host and ask them to make sure that WordPress has read/write access to the wp-content/uploads directory of your site.
- If that doesn’t fix your issue, please refer to this section: I Have an Error When Importing the Demo Content.
The Search Form On My Home Page Is Broken or Does Not Show All the Fields Like in the Demo
Please refer to this article of our documentation: My profile Search Form Seems Broken
If you want to find out how to add new fields to this search form, please visit this article: Add New Fields to Homepage Search Form
I Imported the Demo Content but I Don’t See ___ Like in the Demo
If some part of the demo was not imported on your website, we created a series of articles to help you manually recreate all the pages like our demos:
- Creating the Pricing Page
- Creating the Contact Us Page
- Creating the Register and Activation page
- Creating the Login Page
- Creating Mega Menus (Community Menu – Event menu – Shop Menu – Blog Menu)
- Setting up the Shop
- Setting up The Events
- Creating the Social Menu
- Adding the “Meet our Active Members” Widget
- Creating the Member Directory Sidebar (Sidebar Right/Left Search Form)
- Adding Diagonal Backgrounds to Homepage Widgets