Please create a complete backup of your site before making any changes to your theme. If you have never made any backup, you can follow those instructions about How to Create a Complete WordPress Backup. Please note also that you should only do this if you have not made any CSS changes to the theme core files, you should make changes to the theme using a Child Theme.
You should receive a notice in your email inbox every time your theme is updated. If you do not, please make sure your ThemeForest email address is up to date.
- Visit ThemeForest.net and download the latest version of the theme by visiting the downloads page. While you’re here please rate the theme. 😉
- Next click on the “Download” button next to the theme name and click on “Installable WordPress files only” to start the download.
- Next temporarily switch your theme to the default WordPress theme by visiting Appearance > Themes, then by click on the WordPress “Twenty Fifteen” theme preview image and click the “Activate” button.
- Next delete the older version of your theme by clicking the theme preview image and then by clicking the “Delete” text link. It will ask you if you wish to delete the theme, select “OK” to proceed.
- Next click on Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload Theme and select “Choose File“. Choose the zip file which you just downloaded and click on the “Install Now” button.
If in any case, you have downloaded the zip file containing the whole theme package, unzip that file. Inside, you will find the folder called the same as the theme. This is the root folder of the theme. It should be the one in which the style.css file is and it’s where all the theme files are located. If required, you can zip the folder containing only the theme files before uploading your theme to the server.