GamiPress is the easiest way to gamify your WordPress website in just a few minutes, letting you award your users with digital rewards for interacting with your site.
Easily define the achievements, badges, organize requirements, and choose from a range of assessment options to determine whether each task or requirement has been successfully achieved.
Automatic installation is the easiest option — WordPress will handle the file transfer, and you won’t need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install :
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Navigate to the Plugins menu, and click “Add New“.
- In the search field type “GamiPress” then click “Search Plugins“.
- Once you’ve found it, you can install the plugin by clicking “Install Now,” and WordPress will take it from there.
- When the plugin is installed, you can click “Activate” to active the newly installed plugin.
Manual installation method requires downloading the plugin and uploading it to your web server via your favorite FTP application. The WordPress codex contains instructions on how to do this here.
After installing GamiPress, in order to integrate everything seamlessly with your themes, we strongly recommend you to install our in-house compatibility plugin Grimlock for GamiPress.
To do this, all you have to do is open your plugins page (WordPress Dashboard > Plugins) then look for a notice at the top of your page, looking like this :
Click “Begin installing plugin” then click “Install” and you should be all set !
Setting up the Plugin
GamiPress should work out of the box with all of our themes, assuming you have installed our in-house compatibility plugin Grimlock for GamiPress.
Of course you will still need to setup your points, achievements and ranks according to your needs. To find out more about setting up GamiPress, we recommend that you take a look at the official GamiPress documentation.
However, should you just wish to change a few settings within GamiPress, here’s where you’ll find them :
- From your WordPress Dashboard, go to GamiPress > Settings.
- From there you can visit each tab to edit the various settings of GamiPress.