Looking to add events on your website ? Easily create and manage an events calendar on your WordPress site with The Events Calendar free plugin. Whether your events are in-person or virtual events, this WordPress calendar plugin boasts professional features to showcase your events.
Automatic installation is the easiest option — WordPress will handle the file transfer, and you won’t need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install :
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Navigate to the Plugins menu, and click “Add New“.
- In the search field type “The Events Calendar” then click “Search Plugins“.
- Once you’ve found it, you can install the plugin by clicking “Install Now,” and WordPress will take it from there.
- When the plugin is installed, you can click “Activate” to active the newly installed plugin.
Manual installation method requires downloading the plugin and uploading it to your web server via your favorite FTP application. The WordPress codex contains instructions on how to do this here.
After installing The Events Calendar, in order to integrate everything seamlessly with your themes, we strongly recommend you to install our in-house compatibility plugin Grimlock for The Events Calendar.
To do this, all you have to do is open your plugins page (WordPress Dashboard > Plugins) then look for a notice at the top of your page, looking like this :
Click “Begin installing plugin” then click “Install” and you should be all set !
Setting up the Plugin
The Events Calendar should work out of the box with all of our themes, assuming you have installed our in-house compatibility plugin Grimlock for The Events Calendar.
However, should you wish to change some settings within The Events Calendar, here’s where you’ll find them :
- From your WordPress Dashboard, go to Events > Settings.
- From there you can visit each tab to edit the various settings of The Events Calendar.
Our in-house Grimlock for The Events Calendar compatibility plugin will automatically add some additional customization features to the WordPress Customizer for the various Events pages. To access those customization settings :
- From your WordPress Dashboard, go to Appearance > Customize.
- In the Customizer, open the The Events Calendar panel.
- The events customization settings are located inside the Events Page and Single Event panels