Heads up! This plugin requires BuddyPress
Before you can use Social Articles, you will first need to install BuddyPress along with our in-house compatibility plugin Grimlock for BuddyPress (download link). If you haven’t already done so, you can install these plugins before proceeding to the following steps.
The Social Articles plugin allows your members to create and manage their own posts from their BuddyPress profile. They can set the title, content, categories, tags, featured image and more. As an administrator, you have control over which fields your members are allowed to fill and whether or not posts have to be reviewed by an admin before being made public.
Automatic installation is the easiest option — WordPress will handle the file transfer, and you won’t need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install :
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Navigate to the Plugins menu, and click “Add New“.
- In the search field type “Social Articles” then click “Search Plugins“.
- Once you’ve found it, you can install the plugin by clicking “Install Now,” and WordPress will take it from there.
- When the plugin is installed, you can click “Activate” to active the newly installed plugin.
Manual installation method requires downloading the plugin and uploading it to your web server via your favorite FTP application. The WordPress codex contains instructions on how to do this here.
Setting up the Plugin
However, should you wish to change some Social Articles settings, here’s where you’ll find them :
- From your WordPress Dashboard, go to Settings > Social Articles.
- From there you can edit the various settings of Social Articles.