Heads up! Make sure you are starting with a fresh copy of WordPress!
Please make sure you have a clean database and a newly installed copy of WordPress before importing any demo content. Existing content might mess with the imported attachments, thus breaking the display for the images on some posts and/or widgets. In that case, you might need to reselect the attachment from your media library.
Heads up! Make sure required plugins are installed first!
Please make sure you have all your recommended and required plugins installed and activated before importing any data. Inactive plugins will not have their relevant content imported!
Heads up! Importing demo content might take some time!
Please be aware that the import process can be slow depending on your server configuration and in some cases, the theme assets takes a little while to fully download.
Import demo content using the provided XML file
Heads up! You are importing the content from the Basic demo!
Please keep in mind that only the content from the “Basic” demo will be imported ! In order to provide you with the lightest import file, only the demo content for the required plugins are included. Additional features will need to be installed manually.
- To import the demo content, please grab the XML file located in
extra/demo-content/<your-theme>-latest.xmlin your ThemeForest package. You can also grab a fresh copy of the XML file on our server at this URL:
- Next go to Tools > Import, click under WordPress and click on the Run importer link. (If not already installed, the WordPress Importer plugin installation will start.)
- Next import the previously saved XML file and hit the Upload file and import button.
- Finally, you can assign all content to be created to your current user if you wish to. Don’t forget to enable the Download and import file attachments checkbox to also import the images from our server.
Congratulations! Your demo content is now installed.
Depending on your server configuration, you might come across the following error:
Request Timeout – This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to increase ‘Connection Timeout’.
This problem isn’t related to the use of Gwangi. It happens usually with big import files or server configuration errors, like insufficient memory allowed to process import files.
Please find more about this topic and how to solve it in the following posts:
WordPress Import Failed? Here’s How to Fix It
How to fix Timeout error while importing XML backup file to WordPress
Importing demo widgets using the provided WIE files
Heads up! You are importing the widgets from the Basic demo!
Please keep in mind that only the widgets from the “Basic” demo will be imported ! In order to provide you with the lightest import file, only the demo widgets for the required plugins are included. Additional widgets will need to be added manually.
- To import the demo widgets, please grab the demo widgets file located in
extra/demo-widgets/<your-theme>-latest.wiein your ThemeForest package. You can also grab a fresh copy of the demo widgets file on our server at this URL:
- Next go to Tools > Widget Import/Export and import the file using the Widget Importer & Exporter plugin. (If not already installed, it is required from you to proceed to its installation before being able to import any widget.)
Congratulations! Your demo widgets are now installed.
Finishing the demo setup
Once you have imported the demo data and widgets, you should also setup these things:
- Go to Settings > Reading, set the the Front page displays to a static page and select the front page and the blog page in the appropriate dropdowns.
- Next, go to Appearance > Menus > Manage Locations to set the theme location Primary to the assigned menu Primary. If there are more locations you can also assign other menus to those locations.
Congratulations! Your demo setup is now complete.
If for some reason the provided URLs in this post are not available, you can download the All files & documentation zip archive from ThemeForest. Once the zip file is downloaded and unzipped, you will find the
extra/demo-widgets/<your-theme>-latest.wie files in the Extras folder.